First Day of School in the Fall:
Sept. 1, 2021
Congratulations to the
SECS is a Nut Free and Scent Free school.
Welcome to our school web site! Most of our special events, schedules and policies can be found posted on the web site.
In the beautiful mountain valleys of the southwest Yukon, our school is surrounded by forests, lakes and glacier-topped mountains. We are less than two hours’ drive from Whitehorse and participate in many sports tournaments with teams from the city. As well, our Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes follow British Columbia curriculum with a Yukon, particularly First Nation, variation. Enjoy learning about our school. Contact us with comments or questions.
Admin Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to our side tabs for more detailed information like course schedules, supply lists and staff contacts.
Yukon Education News:
STUDENT ASSESSMENT SURVEY - NEW CURRICULUM
Yukon Education has provided information on the new reporting system to parents and guardians of students who attend Yukon Schools. You can find their links under our School Information Tab, or click on the link below:
Understanding the New Reporting System
COVID-19 Notices to Parents:
Feb. 2, 2021:
- UPDATED: COVID In School Skiing Protocol
Jan. 6, 2021:
- COVID 19 School Health & Safety Letter
Dec. 18, 2020:
- Updated Dec. 12/2020 SECS Detailed School
Health and Safety Operational Plan
Nov. 30, 2020:
- Staff/Parent Letter re Mask Use- Yukon
Nov. 26, 2020:
- Reminder of Learning during COVID survey
and update on Mask use in school.
Nov. 25, 2020:
- Update on School Health & Safety Guidelines
Nov. 20, 2020:
- Reminder in the event of COVID-19 case
connected to a school; Roles and
responsibilities if a case is connected to
schools; Q&A What happens if there is a
COVID-19 case connected to school?
Nov. 10, 2020:
- Update on Health & Safety guidelines this
Sept. 28, 2020:
- FAQ #2 for students and families: COVID-19
Sept 18, 2020:
- School sports during the 2020-21 school year
August 18, 2020:
- Parent Package: Sharing SECS Operational
June 10, 2020:
- Minister's Letter to Parents: Starting the
2020-21 School Year.
- Info for Parents/Students on Returning to
Classes in School.
- Guidance for K-12 School Settings.
May 20, 2020:
- Application: Financial Relief for
Families with children in K-12.
- DM Letter re: One-time Financial
Support for families in need.
April 21, 2020:
- SECS #2 Learning Continuity Plan
April 16, 2020:
- Talking and Sharing with Kids and Families on
- COVID Counselling Services for Communities
- Letter from Min. of Education
April 10, 2020 - SECS #1 Learning Continuity Plan Parent Letter
April 7, 2020 - Letter from Min. of Education
April 7, 2020 - Yukon Learning Continuity Requirements
April 7, 2020 - FAQ for Students and Families
April 1, 2020
March 23, 2020
COVID-19 FAQ For Schools March 23, 2020
March 18, 2020
March 13, 2020
For the most up to date Yukon Government information on COVID-19 please visit: